Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sylvia Turns 8


I love this girl.  

Sylvia turned 8 today.  We celebrated by buying her new purple headphones that she can use with her laptop.  ( I don't want to listen to www.barbie.com all afternoon, you know what I mean?! )  We also bought her a crayon maker, a messenger bag that she got to decorate herself, earrings, a soccer ball, and a few new clothes.  I bought the kids Happy Meals for lunch - a rarity at our house, and we had the dinner she requested, which was stir fry.  Then, after dance lessons and a soccer game, we enjoyed cake and ice cream with Grandma and Grandpa Goodrich, Uncle Eric, and Grandma Susan. It was a fun and busy day.

Sylvia is very excited to get baptized at the end of the month.  Last Sunday, she had her interview with the bishop, and we have been preparing by talking about baptism at our Family Home Evenings.  I think that she has a fairly good grasp on the kind of commitment she is making, and she is taking it very seriously.  Nathan and I are quite proud of Sylvia!  She is learning and progressing every day, and maturing as well.  She's a bright girl who is kind to others, and she is a wonderful artist and dancer.  And don't get me started on the singing!  She has such a beautiful voice.   Happy birthday, Sylvia!

No comments: