Thursday, November 13, 2008

Twilight, uugh...


Ok. I'm absolutely ashamed to say it, but I've read the entire Twilight saga. Why am I ashamed? Because there is so much better reading material out there! I know that lots of people really liked the series, but the books were poorly written, and the character development was so-so at best. And Bella really irritates me. Alot. But you know what? The story itself was engaging, the books are a very quick read, and the subject material is appropriate for all ages (as opposed to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, thoroughly adult vampire fare.) Yet, I'm still not sure that the pro's outweigh the con's.
Anyway, I'm convinced from what trailers I've seen that the Twilight movie might actually be enjoyable. The soundtrack is excellent, and Robert Pattinson is dreamy. I actually think that this story will translate well to film, maybe be even better suited than novel form. 'Cause the novel wasn't that good. Sorry! I guess we'll just have to wait and see for the movie.

1 comment:

Mike and Ashley said...

I completely agree about the Twilight series. I'm near the end of the 3rd book, and I'd like the torture of poor writing to be over with. Yet I want to know what happens. I think that the movie form of the story will be better. Doesn't Meyer have a thesaurus? Anyway, Rach, I miss talking with ya and hope that all is going great for you. love, Ashley