Monday, August 30, 2010

Blah

I feel like this picture right now.

Have you ever been in a funk? I think that I am in a funk at this very moment. I want to be in school, and that won't work with our lives right now. The loss of my last church calling has made me feel lazy. I don't have a baby that NEEDS me. My kids are big, and they don't want to be held and rocked as much as they used to. They don't need their bottoms wiped anymore, you know? I need to figure out a way to pull myself out this valley, and get back on a peak. I know that I am not the first stay at home mom who's felt this way. I find so much joy in my children, but I'm hungy for more joy. Joy found in creating something beautiful, in making something delicious, in finding more spiritual moments in my life. I feel as though I've drifted aimlessly through the entire summer, and let my brain turn to mush. Time for some stimulation!

2 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

Hmm.. I feel that way at times- now being a mom with no kids at home. Got inolved with service (community)my last post and I found when I was a seminary teacher- if you really study like you're preparing a lesson- you learn so much and you feel good about yourself.Scrapbooking, etc. there's much to do! :)

Anonymous said...

I go through this periodically. I wish there was an easy way to pull myself out of it. Right now I'm actually excersizing...I know, can you believe it?! It makes me feel more energized so that I can tackle all of the many chores and responsibilities I have right now. I'd rather be scrapbooking though...I can't remember the last time I finished a layout.