Friday, December 9, 2011

Henry Orme's Birthday

Getting ready to have this baby! 

Henry was 8 lb, 15 oz -- our biggest baby yet 

Look at that face! 

All cleaned up in the nursery. Adorable!

On Saturday December 3rd, my water broke late in the morning.  We packed up the kids, took them up to Grandma Susan's house, and then Nate and I proceeded to the hospital.  I wasn't experiencing any really painful contractions, so we weren't in any hurry.  We were admitted to the maternity ward at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center around 11:30 a.m., and after an ultrasound, it was determined that I should stay and have the baby that day.  We waited patiently for for the contractions to get stronger, but after a few hours, I was started on a low dose of Pitocin to get things moving along.  I transitioned early in the evening, and Henry Edwin Orme was born at 6:46 pm.  He was awake, alert, and didn't do much crying at all.  At just shy of 9 pounds, he is a bruiser--with extra broad shoulders just like his daddy and older brother.  He is such a sweet little man!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Congratulations!...and great job!