Saturday, June 9, 2012

Art City Days Parade

Juli and Sylvia riding on the Mini Cheer float 

Daddy and Henry watching the parade

Mommy with her boys

Fire Trucks are loud

We went to the Art City Days Parade this morning, and this year the parade was great!  We sat with the Taniguchis, and they are always a fun bunch, so we had a really good time.  And what is it with me losing my kids at parades?  Last year, we lost Ben, and this year, it was Sylvia.  She got separated from me, and we looked for her for 20 minutes before Nate found her.  I cried when we found her, I just love that little girl so much!  Losing her was traumatic to say the least.  I'm lucky that I have friends that are helpful in stressful situations like this.  I even had one friend call me on the phone an hour or so after the parade was over.  She had seen me walking the parade route with a look of concern on my face, and wanted to make sure that everything was ok!  Once we had Sylvia safe and sound, we enjoyed the rest of the parade, and then came home and spent the afternoon on the Slip 'n Slide.  Art City Days has been a lot of fun this year.

No comments: