Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happiness

Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and the shadows will fall behind you.
~Walt Whitman

     So, this month has been a little bit of a disappointment.  We had our hearts set on a cute little house, and since it was a short sale, we waited quite a long time for the bank to move on it.  Well, the bank moved on it all right--they foreclosed on the property last week.  Needless to say, we're bummed.  Everyone who knows about real estate will tell you this is a common occurrence, but that doesn't mean that our feelings aren't valid.  Talk about a frustrating waste of time :(
     With the cooler weather setting in, I think we are just going to take a break from looking for a home for a while.  I am excited about saving even more money, and starting fresh in the Spring.  I also refuse to be sad.  There is a great house out there for us, I just know it!
     I love the quote above.  Isn't it a conscious decision to be happy?  You have to turn your face to the sunshine.  You have to get up in the morning, and DECIDE to have a good day.  I'm actually proud of my ability to do this.  I enjoy my life, I understand that bad things happen to good people, I live in the moment, and I look to the future for the good things to come.  

Choose to be happy today.

1 comment:

Betsy Bailey said...

Sorry that the house didn't work out, but so glad that you are turning your face toward the sun!