My baby is gone. The Hankster is such a toddler.
Oh boy--this cutie pie is officially 18 months old! Firstly, he's basically the cutest thing I've ever seen. But I know that I'm biased. He is a little sweetheart, and we can't imagine what our family would be like without him. And thank heavens, he's old enough to go to nursery at church! Nate and I were about at our wits end, chasing Henry up and down the halls during Sunday school.
At 18 Months:
- Henry doesn't miss nursing at all. He is a big boy now, and can't be bothered with such infantile pursuits.
- He is getting very adventurous. Big kid playgrounds are Henry's favorite place to hang out. He thinks he is just as big as Ben and Sylvia.
- He is an unbelievable climber. His new favorite climbing exercise is up the bunk bed onto the top bunk. This makes me very nervous. He is very physically coordinated as well, so he runs and jumps as well as kids who are much older than him. It's kind of fun to watch.
- Still no talking, well not really. Henry still identifies most things as "dada", but there are a few other distinct sounds in the mix. What's interesting is I have heard him say specific words, but only once. About a week ago, he watched some ducklings cross the road, and said "ducky!" quite emphatically. But of course, he hasn't said it since. :( Henry has found numerous other ways to communicate with us, though, so we usually know what he wants or needs.
- Henry has figured out how to nap, thank goodness, but we are still working on sleeping through the night. I wish we could get through a whole night without Henry waking up and screaming his head off for a drink of water, or a snuggle.