Monday, April 19, 2010

What Being a Woman Means to Me

This is what being a woman means to me.

For a course I'm taking, we are required to do a presentation where we stand up and tell the class what being a woman means to us. Some of my classmates have written poems, read personal essays, and shown scrapbooks. I am going to pass this picture around the room, and I'm going to sing a song. That's right, people. Watch out, Women's Lit, and prepare to be underwhelmed...

Anyway, I'm excited, because I'm also going to talk about how being a woman means different things to different people. When I had my Sylvia, the meaning of being a woman completely changed for me. I'm different now, and I think that I've changed for the better. So, can any of you guess what song I'm planning to sing?

4 comments:

Nikki said...

How sweet is this.... I love that picture. I wish I could be there to hear you sing, it has been years! SO what is the song????

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cari said...

You're definitely going to sing "Man! I feel like a Woman" by Shania Twain. And I'm guessing you are going to be wearing some kind of leopard body suit. Am I right?

Margaret said...

I agree with Cari..... skin tight leopard... hahaha. Honestly, I have no idea what song but I would love to know :)